Friday, September 5, 2008

REAL Rental

Okey dokey, we're on the way in to our new place. I jumped the gun a bit and we are renting two places simultaneously while we transition. Not exactly a breeze for our budget, but the math guy is out of town, so I did my best.

Details about the rental, or as Gwen calls it, our "real" house... She seems to really like this new abode, however it is a bit alarming to note that she is already thinking ahead to the next time we move. She has suggested several time-saving techniques for using the shelves for her toys. One household hint involved leaving "everything in the boxes so we don't have to pack it up again when we leave." So then I counted all the moves Gwen has had in her 4 1/2 years.... this current adventure is her ninth move. It is Amelia's third. Man, we need to settle down!

Without further ado, the house. This is an attached or zero-lot-line home; we are renting just the right side and our landlady lives in the other side. The gate to the far right leads to some big, juicy raspberries.
And here's the most inportant room of the house.... the kitchen! It's kind of tiny, more of a galley really, but it is clean and has all the essentials. This is the only downstairs window that looks out the front of the house.The upstairs bedroom is actually a big loft with a huge walk-in closet and a cute window seat. It also has a 3/4 bath and lots of windows to let in all that bright Juneau sun. Yeah right.Speaking of windows, both bathrooms have these long narrow windows, which makes me so excited! I love having windows in the bathroom, so I can put plants in there. They help freshen the air, don't cha know?And at last, the piece de resistance, the HUGE backyard! I can finally unpack my garden gnome collection! Just kidding. The swingset will fit nicely though and I love that the fence is sturdy and tall. It's perfect!Unless I find more free furniture (two bookshelves and a paper sorter, cubby, filing shelf-thingy)at Juneau Freecycle, we should be all moved in by Sept 10; I'll email our address out shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment