Friday, September 19, 2008

And...... we're back.

OK, so during the move we didn't so much lose our minds as the camera. Yep, that's why we haven't blogged; we couldn't find the camera. We are in the new rental, and done with the old one aside from the matter of our deposit. We like and trust our old landlord (why do I think of an old SNL/Eddie Murphy skit every time I say "landlord"?) so we should be able to tidy things up in that department soon.

So, although we are 'in", we are so not yet "in" to our new place. I can't find a thing. Like forks. And baby wipes. And guinea pig food. Shampoo. Greg's pants.... The list is endless. Since we were merely moving across town, I just tossed stuff in willy-nilly wherever it would fit and now I'm having second thoughts about that tactic.

Nonetheless, we are pleasantly pleased with our new "home". It is about twice as big as the old place, judging from the amount of stuff we have crammed into it. Plus the yard is great, the neighborhood seems pretty wonderful. We're on a quiet (until you-know-who moved in!) cul-de-sac which dead ends into a park. We know several of our neighbors already, plus.... well, sorry to open an old wound for my friend Crystal, but I've got to tell this story... While we were moving in, four separate neighbors came over and asked if they could a) help us at all and b) welcome us to the neighborhood. What a place! There are lots of kids and I'm really looking forward to Halloween this year like I haven't in a long time.

The only minor negative thing I can drum up is that this place has been neglected. It is in need of paint, appliance repair, new windows, and plumbing. On the plus side, our landlord is very open to any work that needs to be done. She welcomes our input and is happy that I am home during the day to supervise any workmen that might appear from time to time. We're happy that this will be a good fit for us for a while.

OK, one more tiny issue: the lady directly across the street from us in the house that I have to look at from my (really cluttered) kitchen has her yard, mailbox, and house plastered with Ohio State stuff! She was the first neighbor to come over to meet us (as I was trying to back the boat into spongy, muddy ground over the top of the cap to the water main - that's a tale for another day!) and I just had to tell her "Go Blue." She laughingly replied, "Well, there goes the neighborhood!". Little does she know.

In any case, we are indeed back online. Until the house is less cluttered however, pictures will be scarce. Our new address will be forthcoming via email. If you think I may not have your current email address, please post a comment here (using [at] instead of @, to reduce spam and whatnot) and I will add you to our contact list.

Here's the one picture I've taken since we moved in:
This was taken from the loft looking down on Gwen who had apparently passed out from playing with her dollhouse so frenetically this afternoon.
Ooh- tomorrow's tale? Greg subbed for me as the work parent at preschool today because I was too sick to go. Gwen loved it! Greg, not so much.

2 comments:

  1. Whatever happened to the bear?? Congrats on moving in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey congrats on the new place! we are loving it here in Kodiak, I saw my first 2 brown bears 2 weeks ago so exciting! Anthony leaves for school in about 3 weeks he has passed all his quals so far, so that is not so exciting for me that he will be gone, but I know God has us in his hands and couldn't be more at peave knowing that, our baby #2 will arrive while he is away at school in November, but my Mom is going to be down here to help with Lucas and stuff! anyways congrats again on moving in. I will talk to you later! oh and about the college fans, my goodness, we have one neighbor, with LSU one with Ohio State, one with Georgia and then Anthony is Michigan fan and I am a Michigan STATE fan!!! craziness but fun!!! have a good one!

    ReplyDelete