Friday, September 5, 2008

Hubbub be thwarted!

Yeah, so with all the packing and cleaning and bears and Gubernatorial VP's and hunting and moving, I completely zoinked on posting some pictures of Gwen's first day of school. She is at ABC Preschool again this fall, so there are some familiar faces and some new ones too. She seems to be loving it so far (after two days), but here she is last week on her very first day. Amelia seems kind of thrilled to see her big sis go off for the morning:
Ok, here's one of my big girl all by herself at our current dwelling. (Thanks to Brooke and Crystal for the lovely raincoat; we use it a lot!) Say "cheese"!Wait a minute... Let's get a close-up of that face, shall we? What does this look say to you?
Pensive? Coy? Exhausted? Resigned? Whatever that look is, I have a feeling it's being groomed to perfection and that I will see it often over the next 15 years or so. Nonetheless, she was a bit more spry and perky once we actually got to the school:
We have a great group of kids and parents this year and some wonderful teachers that we feel blessed to have working with Gwen. Here's to a great school year for all of you, too!

6 comments:

  1. Gwens first day look was a,"how many freakin pictures do you need of me in this silly raincoat?" look. My kids both stuck their tongues out that first morning right after they peeled themselves off the floor in protest.
    I'm still a bit confused as to who this Jenni Lockwood girl is :) I remember Jenni Haines... the crude yet funny hoochie from Central Catholic who swore off kids and family at the age of 25! How funny life is! I love your blog and have read every post. I wish my life were as interesting... but I don't have a blow up boat and the only thing I hunt around for here are undies without skiddies for Jake! I have no guess on what a hoochie is... you have April and I confused. Please sned pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. or just send them... that might be easier . Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE the blog...I love being able to keep up with you guys and see what's happening even though I live in freakin' hot Texas now. Brooke and I loved seeing the rain jacket. I hear ya on the time to settle thing...moving is getting very old now. Glad to see you guys are in a nice space though, typically Alaskan looking...brings me back to my Valdez days.
    Keep posting...I'm loving every word of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great posts. I had a lot of catch up to do. Enjoyed your thoughts on the VP pick. If Palin makes it big time, Gwen will have a treasured photo! I'ved moved 32 times, what's your current count? Its gotta be up there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Jen, Still lovin' Gwen's haircut! What happened with Greg and the hunt? I have been waiting for the update. I hope no one was in trouble.

    ReplyDelete