Tuesday, September 30, 2008

If I Could Save Time in a Bottle...

...the first thing that I'd like to do is to go back to last week and blog all this stuff as it happens, not inundate my loyal readers all at once. Nonetheless, I will proceed now to do just that.

Where has the week gone?

We've been quite frazzled around here since Greg returned from his sheep hunt about three weeks ago. It is a long story that Greg will gladly tell anyone who wants to call up here and get the details.
Gwen had a few field trips at school, with the seasonal tree and bark rubbings, and of course the obligatory leaf drawings and other autumn-inspired crafts. As a family, we have been enjoying the fall colors as well. In fact, we went for a hike out Montana Creek on Saturday and while we have no pictures to share, I can tell you that both girls got a closeup view of the creek. Gwen fell in as she was making her way out to Greg who was so busy casting that it took him a moment to help her up. Alas, not a fish in sight. So, as we were looking for some pretty rocks (OK, I'll admit it - I was looking for gold flakes! It's hard not to!), Amelia took a header right in to the frigid, glacier stream. Luckily, Mommy had a change of clothes for each girl and we were none the worse for wear. What tough Alaskan kids!

On Sunday after church, Gwen and I attended a birthday party for a classmate, Maille (pronounced "Miley", but with the traditional Gaelic spelling). Let the adorable pictures begin!!Yes, it was a fairy and pixie party! They played Fairy Queen Says (like Simon Says, but way more fun!)Fairy wands up, Fairy wands down. Oh and even though Gwen and I were completely ignorant in the ways of the pixies, we soon realized that fairies and pixies have to hide when a human comes close.... in fact, the fairies turn in to flowers and have to be really still until the danger passes. I'm still contemplating all the ways I can continue to utilize this fact for years to come....Pin the fairy on the flower... Gwen's fairy was the closest to the center!And here she is with about half of the girls in attendance. All of them are classmates at Gwen's preschool. They made their own fairy crowns and fairy wands.

Nothing else to report except that Greg and I have started on another 12 weeks of Body for Life. I lost two lbs in one day! Yeah, it sounds good now, but I'll let you know my total for the week - that is the real gauge. The last time Greg did a stint of BFL, he lost 50 lbs, FYI. We are in crunch mode now. Exactly 12 weeks from yesterday is the day before we leave for Hawaii. It is awful to have all the staring and pointing when you're on the beach - and not from the paparazzi, either. It's because all the spectators can all tell we big, white tourists are from Alaska. Anyway, I suspect we will still be fairly white in 12 weeks, but hopefully not quite so big. And do not ask, for I will NOT be posting any "before" pictures here.

No comments:

Post a Comment