Friday, May 7, 2010

New furniture!

Well, new to US, anyway. We got a slightly used couch and matching chair/chaise/ottoman dealie off craigslist.com today and we love them. Of course I have yet to make room in the house for these new additions, so I just can't share a picture with you. (Can you say "chaos"?) However, I can tell you that they are the most stylish, modern, even remotely non-80's-looking furniture we've had since we got these two messy kids. The new stuff is recent enough to be trendy but it was cheap enough that if we end up spilling sticky juice on it or wiping peanut butter hands on it, we will still be OK with that.

I spoke too soon. I will absolutely NOT be OK with that.

I really like these pieces. They are very plain, very neutral, but comfy and versatile and the nicest furniture I've had in so, so long. I guess I'm saying I don't want to say "so long" to them any time soon. I told Greg to just stick a bow on them; that's all I wanted for Mother's Day. As soon as I can get things organized how I want them, I'll have a place to entertain. Actually, I've been wanting to have a nice place for a women's bible study, so this could work. Woo hoo!

We are all getting up early for Juneau Appreciation Day tomorrow. Many businesses in Juneau are offering local discounts and specials all day so we are hoping to rake in the free stuff have a lovely family outing.

One of the participants in this super fun day is The Dipac Salmon Hatchery. We will be chowing on their free chili dogs and snacks all day viewing the aquariums and teaching the girls about the life cycle of a salmon. We tend to visit the hatchery several times a year as they present a great spot for field trips. It's a fun place and there is a gift store on their page that you can check out to order fun, Alaskan trinkets, many of which are made in China.

Big day tomorrow. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment