Saturday, April 27, 2013

More snow (ugh) and supplement details (yay)

Hello, hello from snowy Juneau! It has been snowing not stop for about 48 hours now and no end in sight from what I can tell. At least it's warming up a bit now. We're at 39 degrees F right now, about straight up noon. Not sure what God is up to with this weather, but it is obviously for our benefit. Maybe we'll have a dry summer and this snow will be just what we need in the water supply to keep us from a drought and keep the forest fires away. Not our place to know His ways, as always.

On to the supplements. I've listed below what I take each day. For my own ease, I've just divided these into four big um, piles, to be honest - mealtimes (three) and bedtime. There is just so many, they are big handfuls at each crack. Some of these I'm supposed to take on an empty stomach if I can handle it and some are supposed to be taken with food. I am not willing to put in the time it takes to figure that out so I end up taking each meal's pills right when I start preparing it. I'm certainly not advocating for any "one right way", so if you are introducing supplements, figure out what is best for you. I've dropped this site before, but I'll do it again: www.chrisbeatcancer.com is where I found out a lot of this info and then I tweaked it until I got it to this point, but I know I'll tweak it again. Also, I got input from my Naturopath here in Juneau, Dr. Emily Kane, who is awesome.

Like I said, four times a day I take my pills. So, for example, when I step into the kitchen to prepare say, rice and beans with peas & corn, before I even open the can of beans (Yes, tsk, tsk, I know, but we are new to beans and this is the easiest way for us right now. I figure once we really enjoy them we can start soaking our own. For now, canned organic.), I pop all my supplements. That way the things I'm supposed to take on an empty stomach, I do. And the things I'm supposed to take with food, I also kind of do - for if you cook like I do, you know that there is always some nibbling and taste-testing to do. Easy peasy.

[On a side note, let me say that I have lost about 45 lbs total since the first of January. Can I get a 'Woo' and a 'Hoo'?! I think cutting out meat, wheat, and dairy and just generally being more mindful in my eating is the key.]

Morning:
  • 2 acidophilus (chewable probiotics - yum! Pictured below.)
  • 2 resveratrol tablets (I tried this in liquid form, but oh NO - it is disgusting! This antioxidant ahs been proven to cause carcinogenic APOPTOSIS or cell death, which is exactly what we want to do to the cancer cells - destroy them!)
  • 6 PectaSol C (modified citris pectin from Dr. Eliaz  at www.econugenics.com. I will likely tweak this soon so that I am taking a powder that is more potent than these capsules, saving them so times when I can't get a smootie made or juicing done)
  • 1 Breast Defend (a mushroom blend from Dr. Eliaz)
  • 1 milk thistle (known to do something helpful with your liver, which is the origin of most sickness. If your liver ain't healthy, you ain't healthy. Yes, I just made that up. Clever, huh?)
  • So if you are keeping track, that's 12 pills so far.
These are yummy and they come in several flavors - strawberry, blueberry and banana, maybe more.

Lunch:
  • 3 garlic capsules (I put a ton in my food also, both fresh and powdered, but you just can't really ever have too much garlic. It's beneficial properties are well-documented. Oh, and I take the Kyolic blend that has mushrooms - it's the orange bottle, formula #103? Maybe. Not sure on the number, but orange bottle for sure.)
  • 1 Honopure (Dr Eliaz)
  • 1 Breast Defend (Dr Eliaz)
  • 3 PectaSol C (Dr Eliaz; also I didn't mention above that MCP is taken to 'bind any mets', which means it latches on to any metastasized cancer cells and eliminates them from the body. Just what I need.)
  • Total at lunch: 8  Overall running total for the day: 20
Dinner:
  • 3 quercetin (natural antioxidant that helps repair cellular damage caused by free radicals)
  • 3 PectaSol C (Dr Eliaz)
  • 1 Breast Defend (Dr Eliaz)
  • 1 milk thistle (see morning above)
  • 1 fish oil (I like to take this later in the day because of the fish burps. Ick. And I am particular about where this is sourced. I take a brand that is made here in Juneau. It's spendy but I know it's clean and good. http://purealaskaomega.com/ )
  • Dinner total: 9  Running total: 29
Bedtime:
  • 2 fish oil (Like garlic, you just can't get too much fish oil in my book. We are ramping up for the summer fishing season and hope to have fish at least twice a week, likely salmon and black cod. Maybe some halibut and lingcod thrown in, but mostly the fatty salmon. Fish oil is full of omega-3s. Now, I'm not voicing any opinion about Lance armstrong except that his LiveStrong website has some really fantastic info. He may be a cheater, but he also survived cancer through a blend of oncological care and nutrition/supplements. Click here for info on fishoils: http://www.livestrong.com/article/558684-how-to-get-fish-oil/)
  • 2 melatonin (Aside from being a very relaxing little pill melatonin, a hormone secreted by the brain, also helps with inflammation of the liver. As we grow older less melatonin is naturally made and that's why older folks can look forward to the onset of such diseases as arthritis and fibromyalgia. That inflammation in the joints is what slows us down as we age. For me as a cancer patient, I'm focused on the liver and getting enough sleep. Eventually, I'll up this to 4 or 5 each night.)
  • 1 oil of oregano (Has antioxidant qualities similar to that of vitamin E. I also cook with it often.)
  • 1 garlic (I think I will increase this to at least three - seems like four a day is not enough.)
  • 1 Honopure (Dr Eliaz)
  • Bedtime total: 7 (up to 9 once I increase my garlic tabs)  Running total: 38
Plus, I also take a powdered multi-vitamin, vitamin D emulsion, broccoli powder, vitamin C gel, and make sure I get as many of my 'must-have' foods as possible each day. And I'm adding in a turmeric capsule, probably 3 or 4 each day, bringing me up to about 42 pills/capsules/tablets a day.
Newest addition to my routine, this is the next best thing to IV Vit C, which is not available in my area right now. It's not that tasty.


Superfood multi recommended by Dr Emily Kane.
Lots of great stuff in this powdered multi.



Four drops a day in smootie or three drops in juice.
I add this to just about everything - tea, juice, smoothies, sauces.

So, yes this certainly does seem like a LOT of pill-poppin', I know.  But,

IT
 
IS
 
WORKING!


Just this week, I got some blood test results back and they showed my tumor markers are all well within the normal range.

I asked my (conventional MD) doctor a hypothetical question so I could make better sense of what these results meant:  "If you didn't know my history, or if these results were from someone who you knew had never been disagnosed with cancer, would these numbers be alarming to you at all? Would they indicate to you that the patient would need to begin treatment or take any other measures?"

His answer was an emphatic, "No." He said that each person has their own saturation level, when the body just can't take in and cleanse out any more toxins. He was very careful to say that he wasn't an oncologist and so he wasn't sure if these numbers could fluctuate daily, weekly, etc. He said he wasn't convinced that they couldn't just shoot up again and cause tumor growth. He made sure I know he still recommends chemo.

I know from my research that more tumor growth is unlikely to happen, but I didn't mention that to my doc. I also know that each person's tipping point is unique and is exacerbated by or improved by the usual suspects: diet, exercise, stress, environment and other bad habits like alcohol or tobacco use. My doc was very cautious and did not mention "remission" or "cure", of course. I wouldn't even feel comfortable using those words myself. I just know that I am on the right track and that I am going to keep on doing what I have been doing.

I'm going to tweak and listen to my body. I'm going to be victorious over this cancer someday but until then, I'm not going to feed it with what it likes - animal proteins, sugar, dead food, fake nutrition. I'm going to continue to praise my Savior for His provision and healing, and to tell whomever will listen how good God is to those who seek Him.

To Him be the glory of this miraculous and continuing healing!

2 comments:

  1. WOO HOO!!!! Yay for the weight loss and yay for the great blood results! Thanks for being so detailed with this information. I was just diagnosed with diabetes (I already have ulcerative colitis, reflux and fibromyalgia) and have been researching like crazy. I'm finding a lot of helpful information from cancer survivors and many of the supplements they recommend for diabetes are the same they recommend for cancer....I think basically if your body is sick it will display it somehow. Thanks for the good product recommendations! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look and 'sound' awesome, Jen! Keep up the great work!

    xoxo

    CnC

    ReplyDelete