Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Deep Thoughts from pre-chemoville

  • Why have I had several very good hair days this week, right at the exact time I'm going to lose it all?
  • I've been finding bright sides all over the place... don't cancer patients often lose lots of weight? Well, I've been banking on that, but my doc now tells me that due to some incredible advancements in anti-nausea meds, most chemo-ites actually gain weight. Super.
  • This year, Greg and I did the AukeMan, which was so fun. This was about two weeks after I found my lump (which was really more of a huge growth that inhabited my whole right you-know-what). I'm thinking if I can get through the chemo crud and on to the surgery part and recovered from that, I may have a chance at doing the 2013 Aukeman! That's my goal at this point, but I'm not sure how realistic it is. We'll know more as we get going with the treatments.


AukeMan 2012: crossing the finish line with a final (and solitary) burst of speed!
Super Auke Dude blowing by everyone in the bike leg.

Huh. Guess I didn't have as many deep thoughts as I thought I did. Not much of a post, really.  Maybe I can redeem this with a recent picture? This was taken last night at the lodge where we've been living since late August.


On the plus side, I am feeling absolutely GREAT today! I usually (at least 4 or 5 days a week for the last 4+ years) have a terrible headache all day as well as sniffles and sinus congestion. Today, I am good. I had to take a 5-hour nap to achieve such heights, but I'm happy to have a nice evening to look forward to. Greg just got home with pizza. We've got some fun company tonight and great friends/roommates/hosts... What a blessed day!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the updates. Wish we were there to help get you through. And darn those advancements in anti-nauseau meds! (just kidding, this is good news!) Love ya, Suz

    ReplyDelete