Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Cali Bound & some food for thought

Heading to California tomorrow! Got myself pretty much packed, but then I'll be gone less than 48 hours, so I'm not taking too much. I've checked the forecast and temps are predicted for low to mid 60s; that's our high for most of the summer. I am so excited to see and feel some warm weather and I'm not taking any parkas, snow boots, fleece, gloves, long undies, or wool socks! Nor sunscreen! My bald head and I are going to soak up as much vitamin D as we can and love every minute of it.

I'm scheduled for a massage (yippee!) as well as a tour of the facility and a medical appointment with Dr. Connealy. The clinic also offers lunch and a snack so I don't have to pry the juicer away from Greg nor decide whether to pack the blender in my carry-on or checked bags.

Understandably, food is a huge concern with me right now. I'm not obsessed by it as I once was, but it will likely prove difficult to find raw, organic veggies in the airport. So I am planning and figuring out how to pack some stuff to carry and where to find the rest once I get there. I'll be hitting a Whole Foods at some point I hope. I have to calculate how hungry I think I'll be and try to find someplace to get decent produce, figure out the store hours, etc. It's taking me some time to research, but it will be worth it. In the meantime, the kids are teaching themselves to knit and reading every book in the house.

Just three months ago, I would've been checking Google Earth to find the closest Taco Bell, KFC, and Wendy's to the hotel. Now I'm looking for organic produce. Will wonders never cease?

Coming soon: eating enough calories when everything on the menu makes me gag.

I'm just putting these two pics from Christmas (just two weeks post-surgery; don't I look festive?) in here for reference. I'm going to lay some pics with my SAVAGE TAN on ya when I get back! :)

Oh and I'll show you how wonderful my birthday was..... Greg and the girls did a nice job with everything! It was a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment