Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Sick people need to be organized!

We have had about 7 gazillion appointments and/or consultations since last week. I'm trying hard to keep track of it all, but I'm a bit of a slouch so far on that. Here's the latest:

  • WE'RE HOME! We got back to Juneau on Sunday and have been looking for a rental that will take a really big dog. Keta grew SO much in two weeks. Pictures later.
  • The bone scan was pretty clear except for a small area on my upper left femur. I'm having an MRI this Friday to take a closer look, but the risk is small that there is any metastasis.
  • The surgery for my port went well, but it is still pretty sore and the area needs to heal a bit more before we use it on...
  • Wednesday of next week, which is my first day of chemo! On Tuesday, I have a general work-up to check my heart and blood levels, then if everything is AOK, we'll get the big guns on Wednesday.
  • Therefore, if any of you are attached to my lovely locks, please say your fare-thee-wells now. It will all be leaving shortly.  But first...
  • The girls and Greg are going to have a hair cutting party. I'm going to let the girls give me a style (?) of their choosing and then we'll just shave it all off after that instead of watching it come out in clumps later. And yes, we will take pictures. Not sure if we will share or not. :)
  • Thursday of next week I get yet another injection to help build up the bone marrow that will be affected during the chemo.
  • My treatments will be every other week so I should be relatively normal during the off week as I'm healing up for another treatment.
  • I'm so looking forward to being strong and healthy again next spring/summer. I'm also looking forward to an introspective, productive winter season, doing a lot of reading and sleeping, and praying of course.
  • We are so thankful to Our Amazing Lord God for, as Gwen put it in her blessing over dinner last night, "giving Mommy a type of cancer that is easy to treat." Amen, kiddo!
No other news right now, but thanks again for all your prayers and inquiries about helping. We can't think of anything yet, but we'll start making a list of ways you can help if you want to. Anyone want to fly up here and do laundry? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment