Sunday, October 7, 2012

Am I Really Ready for Anything?

Greg and I have talked and talked about what the future might bring. We are truly ready for anything, or so I thought.



Not that we think Greg is going anywhere, but we've done our wills, we've found guardians for the girls (thanks you guys!!), we've realigned our priorities, and organized our investments and retirement stuff. All our beneficiary designations are set to rights. All our cards are in order. We've talked to the girls about how sometimes mommies need to go to heaven when they have breast cancer and how God has a plan that we really have no input with. Ready! All bases covered! Right?

Maybe not.

The four of us planned on going to an evening of worship and singing last night at a local church. It was a fundraiser for a new non-profit directed at women who are transitioning out of prison. However, in the parking lot, the girls were arguing, everyone was tired. We almost cancelled and just went home. But at the last minute, which was really 20 minutes into the show, we decided unanimously to give it a try. It was a HUGE blessing! We were meant to be there, by which I mean I was meant to be there. What a God thing!

When a friend also in attendance asked about me I realized she didn't know about the cancer and chemo dance I've been doing; I replied with my standard, "We are ready for anything." She said, "Really? Are you ready for Him to heal you and save you? Are you ready to accept His gift of life? Are you ready to receive the blessings He pours out on you?"

Woah.

I don't think I was. I might still not be, but I am going to dig into the Word and try to prepare myself for the fact that I may plow through this and be fine on the other side. That I will be alive and blessed on the other side. Even though I don't deserve it, God may be planning on it, and I need to be ready to receive it as the awesome gift it is.

The very last song of the night was like a message just for me: "Greater things have yet to come, Greater things are yet to be done..." AMEN! Thank You Gracious Father.

PS: These pictures are from our Hawaii vacation in February. I love taking pictures of flowers and scenery and trees and stuff in case you couldn't tell. Hard to find anything that's not beautiful there.

No comments:

Post a Comment