Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Blood Test Results...

...are NORMAL! Not only that, they are more normal than they were three months ago when I was told if I hadn't already been diagnosed with cancer, I wouldn't be newly diagnosed based on those fantastic numbers.

So, yeah, these new numbers are lower than great.

AWESOME! We. Are. So. Blessed!

If you are someone who has ever prayed for us, thank you so very much. Both Greg and I feel very confidently that God led us to this solution and healing, that He is pleased we are healthier, eating mostly the manna He has provided. I don't know where we would be if we hadn't found this "crazy, irresponsible, alternative" method to cure this cancer. I imagine I'd have either died of the chemo and radiation by now or at least I'd be a very, very sick mom these days.

As it is, I'm enjoying the calm weeks before school starts as well as a little rest before the AukeMan Triathlon on Saturday. (Goal: Finish without hurting myself and with a faster time than last year when I still had the newly-discovered but yet undiagnosed tumor.)

Regardless, the prayers and intercessions you have made on our behalf have made a huge impact, a huge difference. God has answered our prayers! He had taken this sickness away and made something very good and very beautiful grow in its place.

May God's grace and healing come to you in whatever way you need it, right now, today.

God is so very good!

4 comments:

  1. That is so amazing! The Lord is truly wonderful but it sure helped Him that you were willing to do things to help heal your body.

    I would love to know what you've been doing. And keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise our GREAT God!!!

    I saw a link on this at SCM forum. I have been reading for the last 45 minutes!

    My sister was dxed with lymphoma about a year and a half ago. She took chemo for 8 months. I'm not sure why, but the particular kind she had didn't result in hair loss. But a huge side effect, no pun intended, has been a huge gain in her weight. I feel so badly for her. She is very upset about it and I think depressed too.

    She is not a healthy eater. Never has been. About 20 years ago, she was seeing a naturopath b/c she was losing weight and no MD could help. It turned out she was overridden with yeast. I only wish she would have stuck with the diet he put her on, b/c she was healed. She knows the junk she eats is no good, but she hates cooking and she doesn't love veggies.

    I really want to make some bigger changes. Cutting out dairy would probably result in a mutiny around here, though we don't eat it a lot. We already switched to almond and/or coconut milk. We don't eat red meat often, maybe 3 to 4 times a month. And we hope to add in a lot more deer this year to our diet, now that we have land upon which to hunt. It will replace the red meat. I don't know if that is better or not, but at least I will know the source and how it is processed (not really processed but you know what I mean).

    I guess all of this to say THANK YOU for sharing all along the way most importantly so that people can SEE the Lord is good and faithful, and also on a practical note so that people like me can learn from what you've done nutritionally. I am taking notes!

    I do think on these things more, b/c my sister told me months ago that her oncologist told her my chances of getting cancer went up exponentially once my sister was dxed. Incidentally, her husband was dxed with melanoma just one month after she found out she had lymphoma. He has been treated only with surgical removal and sees his dermatologist monthly for now, but it has been a rough time for them. They were both 43 at diagnosis as well.

    Well, I've talked too much but thank you for sharing this most AWESOME update and for sharing along the way.

    Leslie (LDIMom at scm)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's wonderful to hear this news! I've been praying for you, and I'm glad you & your husband have followed God's leading in all of this. I know that's the key to your victory with this.

    I also love your blog posts about your trips in Alaska. I think if I didn't live in NE Ohio (which I'm very comfortable with & love our lake & Metropark forests), I would probably want to live in Alaska. It's beautiful....

    ReplyDelete