Saturday, May 16, 2009

What was I thinking?!



This picture sums up in a way that words cannot how I feel this morning.

Greg and the girls went on an overnight boat camping adventure yesterday. They took the boat out to Berner's Bay and slept in it. Now today they should be fishing. They plan to be back by 7pm this evening. The low temp overnight was near freezing. I can imagine Greg looks about the same as I do, sensing that he may have had two little munchkins in his sleeping bag all night long.

In any case, the whole idea behind this madness was that I would get some peace and quiet; I'd be able to concentrate on some work for the soccer league and also the housework and also prep for my Sunday School lesson (I'm the new teacher of the grade 1 to 5 class). And as a bonus I'd get the chance to miss the girls. If you are surrounded/bombarded by them all day, as adorable and incredible as they are, it is uber-difficult to remember what a blessing they are and how fleeting childhood is, can-I-get-an-AMEN, ladies? So I was to get caught up on all my chores, basically.

Do we think that happened? (Do not answer that Amy, whom I ended up chatting online with long about 2:30 am.)

The answer is "not even close".

I ended up finally getting in the bed at 2:54am, but then I read for about 45 minutes.... what am I reading? OK, let's make this even more embarrassing/interesting: I was reading The Grass is Always Greener Under the Septic Tank, a very entertaining book by accomplished author, speaker and humorist, Erma Bombeck, circa 1972.

Please do not try to convince yourself that I am kidding because I am not.

In a related issue, I miss the girls (and Greg) very much (really, my eyes are a bit misty just typing this), but now I am really trying to get some stuff done. Through blogging, apparently. :)

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you just needed some time to yourself. Good for you for chatting with your friends and reading a good book by a UD alum, I might add. :) The chores will get done. (Am I a good enabler or what?) But seriously, I love the updated pics. The girls are seriously, ridiculously cute. Thanks for posting! I'll update you on me soon.
    love,
    Patty

    ReplyDelete