Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Happy, Happy Birthday....

... to the girl who made me a mom! As you can see, little sister is never far away, but big sister is twelve today! And she's about 4 inches taller than me if anyone is counting.


I can't even begin to quite convey how much I love this kid. She is infuriating and stubborn, creative and witty, lovely and kind. And in spite of me, she is a really wonderful girl. It is a joy to watch her learn and grow, especially now as she is exploring new friendships and her independence.


God sure knew what He was doing when He gave us this strong, tall, helpful kid. She has been invaluable as I struggle with cancer and all the shtuff that comes along with that. I cringe to think how this disease has affected her childhood, but am exceedingly grateful to have her with me through this journey. I often wonder what amazing adventures God is preparing her for.....


Happy birthday, Punkin!!



No comments:

Post a Comment