Thursday, June 20, 2013

Quinoa recipe

I just made up this great recipe for Father's Day last weekend and wanted to share.

Disclaimer: I'm not the kind of cook who measures stuff.

  • Cook some quinoa in beef or chicken or veggie broth. (Cook's choice)
  • As it's cooking (per package directions), chop up a whole bunch of fresh, uncooked veggies. Put the veggies and a whole lot of fresh-ground pepper in a big bowl. (I used leeks, red onion, red bell peppers, yellow mini-peppers, yellow carrots, green beans, and broccoli.)
  • Once the quinoa is cooked, let it cool at room temp for 10 to 15 minutes, then put it in the bowl with veggies and pepper.
  • Mix everything together well, adding more pepper to taste. (I'm grinding colorful peppercorns that I got somewhere.)
  • Refrigerate for an hour before serving.
Great for a potluck!

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, I know what I'm going to make for our church picnic at the end of the month! Sounds Yummmm.....

    ReplyDelete