Sunday, November 8, 2009

We have a winner! Oh, and one more thing...

Last post, at the very conclusion of my rambling, I issued a challenge of sorts and I'm excited to announce that we have a winner. Woo Hoo!!! (Make sure to read all the way to the end of this post to see an additional question, with more salmon for the first correct answer.)

Hearty congrats to the Nowak family and their brilliant (yet humble) daughter Brooke for offering the correct answer which is "Robin Hood"! The opening song that is repeated throughout the movie is quite catchy. It's one that sticks with you fo' dayz!

I'll get a few cans of yummy salmon to you guys soon. Maybe I'll include some recipes in case you tossed all your Alaska-themed cookbooks when you moved to the LoneStar State.

CONGRATS AGAIN, Nowaks!!

*** More salmon will be sent to the first reader who comments with the name of the artist who sang the Oodalolly song for the movie... NOT the character (Rooster), but the artist. GOOD LUCK!

2 comments:

  1. I know Phil Harris was in a lot of those movies of the time for disney and I think he was the voice of Little John. We are big fans of that little movie. I believe Roger Miller was the narrator which I guess was the rooster, right? I remember the rooster singing it at the beginning, ok, I'm gonna go with Roger Miller.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ding, Ding, Ding!! We have yet another winner! Nice segue and thinking through the whole thing, Kathy. I was just reading your blog about Holy Hour and thinking it sounded so wonderful. That is surely a gift to your kids. I'll get in touch and get some salmon to you ASAP!

    ReplyDelete