Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Mini Vacay for Mom

Well, I am actually doing it. I am going on a kid-free trip and while I was fairly excited about it, I find I am now kind of nervous. I have to be at the airport tomorrow at 6am and I'm already dreading the leaving. The 'being there' part will be great, but it's just being anywhere without the girlies and Greg that is going to be rough. I've never been away from Boo overnight. Aside from Gwen's first week of life, I've only been away from her twice overnight (once at her cousins' and once with Granny). Plus, both girls are coming down with what look to be pretty bad colds. Greg is never going to let me leave again.

I'll be gone for five days, to St. Louis to see an old friend whom I just reconnected with this spring on Facebook. Will wonders never cease? Look out, Dysoninskiwicz! Here I come!

5 comments:

  1. Just think of it as good bonding time for the girls and Greg. Everyone needs a break from their routine every now and then. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If they do happen to get a nasty little illness...you'll be so glad you missed it...however, if you return to a sick husband then wow...my thoughts are with you. Enjoy your vacay!!!! Hey what's wrong with visiting friends in Texas huh? It would be like a second summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy this time. Think of it as recharging your batteries so you can come home and be an even better Mom and Wife. I always thought it was funny that everyone gets a paid vacation from work except stay at home moms and we probably need it more than anyone!!

    Have a great time Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to hear how your trip went - AND Greg and the girls will survive!

    I also like the idea of a visit to TX!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my nonsense blog! I wanna know more about this "getting off the grid" stuff, can't seem to get my husband to see why, but I do have my ways...poverty can make you very creative!! Enjoy your upcoming trip, it'll make'em more appreciative of all the mommy stuff you do. My only time away is when I hide in the van to talk on my cell. Peace,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete