Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Winter is here, no kidding!

This is Mount McGinnis, to the west of Mendenhall Glacier for those of you who have been to Juneau. The stunning Mount McGinnis will be featured quite frequently on my blog this winter, as it is my view and my barometer. This is what I see from my kitchen window, from the front yard, from the front door. It is an incredibly beautiful mountain and I've been watching the snow crawling toward me all week. On the days when neither the snowfall nor the cloud cover or fog or rain blocks ol' McGinnis from my gaze, I'll snap shots to show you how quickly and fiercely winter comes in these parts.The bright sun of yesterday melted quite a bit of snow, even at elevation. I have a feeling that today's low, low temps will bring more termination dust soon. We are preparing for hibernation. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

1 comment:

  1. I love these pics. I'll keep checking for your status report. ;)
    xo,
    Patty

    ReplyDelete