Friday, March 4, 2016

I've Been A-Thinking

So, over the past few weeks, since we got back from the Philippines, I've been thinking about a lot of stuff. Being in the throes of cancer also tends to get the mind churning overtime.

But lately, my thoughts are centered (or maybe uncentered would be more accurate) on such a wide, diverse number of completely unrelated things. It's hard to arrange the jumble in to some sort of noticeable order, so that I can share it with any semblance of sense.

I've been through a lot. Obviously. I've been through the wringer and dragged my family along with me. In fact, just a few days ago, I asked Amy (not Amelia any longer; she will be nine next month!) if she even remembered back before I had cancer, and she said no, she doesn't. She can't recall a time when I didn't lay in bed all day with pain, asking for someone to come up and bring me food or help me in other myriad ways. Maybe that is why she is such a great helper.... She just thinks it is normal for moms to be in bed all day while the kids do the work (and whatever else they want to as long as it doesn't include chores or school).

Another thing I've been wondering... does anyone even see this blog any more? Who still checks in here? And why? What are they/you looking for? Are you lost? Or are you still checking on me and this cancer? Comment if you will and let me know, wouldja?

12 comments:

  1. I still check in! Always thinking about you and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tristan!! I think of you and your kiddos often also. "Baby" Mason is in our prayers often, although I am sure he is a big kid by now. :) Blessings!

      Delete
  2. I read your blog and am grateful for the updates! Keeping you in our prayers. Love ya, Suz (even though when I select Publish, Bryce's name appears. Hmmm... he must have a blog...???)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenny, Ogi and I just returned from Cebu. We met your friends Richard and Ann there. Ogi had some pain relief, but still has pain. The electroacupuncture machine shows no cancer, but everyone seems to be in limbo. Call me if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to hear the EAV says no cancer for Ogi, Kevin. We are just about half way through the wait for my next MRI. Excited to confirm those findings and be done with cancer forever. We will keep in touch.

      Delete
  4. I've been checking in every now & then! I was just over on the SCM Forum, and your name popped into my head, so here I am! I will read all about your Philippines trip next. Still praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue! Thanks for stopping by! So good to see your name come up here!

      Delete
  5. Here! I noticed your absence on Facebook so came over here and saw your February post. Now I check here weekly so I can keep tabs on my best Alaskan friend. You are never far from my thoughts.
    CnC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you and Nat had a smashing birthday on the 24th, PF. I thought of you guys all day, and if my math is correct, I do believe you now have a teen girl in your midst. Oy! Better you than me, although mine is turning 12 in two days. She never fails to mention that she will be a teenager on her next birthday. Ugh.

      Delete
  6. well I guess since I have known you for 30 years (Hmmm) - that is not something you throw away. I check this post (since I haven't been on FB in years) to see how you are doing and praying for you and ALL your family. Mazel Tov on beating the odds. rob

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, Unca Wobbie! I think of you and alllll those boys often. How are you? Where are you? Thirty years is crazy, huh? Would love to catch up with you. If you comment again with your email, I will not publish it here but will send you my email and we can discuss how those thirty years have sailed by so quickly. ;)

    ReplyDelete