Friday, February 27, 2009

Moguls Are Us

Well here we are at Juneau's Eaglecrest Ski Area. Gwen's first lesson went really well. She went for an entire morning with her preschool in late January. Here are a few of the girls (L to R: Kelsey, Becky, Amelia, and Gwen) getting ready to go out for the first time. We are just waiting for the Tiger instructor. Apparently, Amelia thinks she is going too.After a brief orientation, they had the kids walk up this turf/carpet and then scoot over to the "slope", and go!The kids didn't use poles, but they did learn how to use their pizza slice to stop. I was a little lax on taking pictures because the whole thing just scared me; I can't zoom, focus, and keep my hands out to catch her at all times, can I? It was a fun but exhausting day. We took lots of breaks.Rubbing elbows with the likes of Hilary Lindh, we left contented, excited to ski another day.


2 comments:

  1. How exciting. One of my favorite things to do in Alaska was skiing. The kids are always such naturals at these things..and hello the girls just keep getting cuter and cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo cute! Also, happy belated birthday! xo, Patty

    ReplyDelete