Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Today, in a complete departure from my usual posts, I will show you what the girls and I did today (besides, for me, laundry, dishes, bathroom scrub, and boat cleaning out). It has been pouring down rain here in Juneau for several days straight. Over the weekend, we fished a lot of the derby in a downpour and it is still raining hard so far this week. This morning, there was a beautiful, sparkly-blue "sucker hole" in the clouds, but now after lunch, it is still gray, cloudy, windy, and rainy. Thus, this:
They are obviously riveted to something - so excited! Totally enjoying themselves, right? Mom must've really dreamed up something amazing, huh? What is it, you ask? It's this...

TV! It's Raffi! We moved in to this rental on April 17th (ish) and this is the first day we've plugged in the TV or VCR. Yes, we are sooo antiquated; we do still have a VCR and we use it a lot. Anyhoodle, the girls were completely mesmerized by a "Raffi in Concert" video from 1988. Over 50 minutes of quiet and time to get some laundry folded without "help" from Amelia. What a day so far!

And I say "so far" because we are expecting one more surprise today for the girls. Her name is "Lilly" and I am picking her up after Greg gets home from work tonight. How's that for a hook? See you tomorrow, with pictures of Lilly.

2 comments:

  1. OOOOhhh Raffi...my personal favorite Raffi song is Baby Beluga....and I can't wait to find out who Lilly is, I'll be checking back, don't leave me hanging too long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it a kitten? Is it a puppy? Or could it be..... a baby moose?!! You never know with you Lockwoods. Can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete